- Do camp start on a specific day or i can arrive whenever i want?
- You don´t need to come on a specific day, you can arrive at any day of the week. We have lessons daily from Monday to Sunday.
- What is the average age of people staying on the surfcamp?
- We have persons from all ages but the majority of our guests are between 25 and 40 years old.
- What should i bring?
- At the surf lessons we provide surf material (wetsuit and board).At the accommodation towels and linen are included. Important things to bring are sun protection, beach towel, flip flops, sun glasses and tons of energy. If you also want to bring your own equipment, there is no problem, but the price remains the same, so as you prefer!
- What kind of surf boards do you have?
- We have a wide range of surfboards from softboards of all shapes and sizes to epoxy and fiber glass. Our range of boards go from beggining to advanced levels.
- What is the temperature of the water? Do i need a wetsuit?
- Portugal is known for the good weather and the sunny and bright skies…but…water is still cold for surfing without a wetsuit. During the summer you can wear a 3/2 mm, and at the beginning of autum too, but during winter and spring the best is to come with a 4/3. Water temperature in summer can be around 18 to 21 degrees and during winter 13 to 17 degrees.
- Is food included?
- We don’t provide any meals at the camp. You have kitchens to use, equipped with everything you need. There is a supermarket just 3 min walk from the camp and plenty of restaurants around to enjoy the portuguese delights for a really convenient price.
- Is there any entertainment around more than surfing?
- Either you want to have a day off or if you don’t really enjoy surfing, Peniche has many things to offer. At the camp we rent bikes and skates/longboards and if you want to do some sightseeing you just have to ask our staff about the cities around and how to get there. We also organize BBQ’s once or twice per week, or we take you to some local restaurants so everybody gets to know each other.
- Can i use the material after the surf lessons?
- If you book a 5 day course you can use the surf material as much as you want. If you have 2 lessons in one day, the surf material will be for free for that day. If you have just one surf lesson and you want to keep the material for the rest of the day we offer you a discount on the rental price.
- When is the best time to go?
- Normally spring and autum are the most consistent months. Winter can get really tough with big swells and strong winds. Summer is perfect for begginers and intermediate levels but a bit more crowded than the rest of the year.
Download before you arrive